All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
’Silver Dollar’ is a winner of the Royal Horticultural Society’s Award of Garden Merit in 2009, beating out 40 other paniculatas. It is similar to the popular ‘Limelight’, and grows compact, with the rounded, white blooms held up by strong stems.
Like other hydrangea, the ‘Silver Dollar’ has an excellent climate range, doing equally well in the heat of a southern summer as it does in zone 3. It is one of the last to drop its leaves in the fall.
Because Paniculata Hydrangeas bloom on new growth, they tend to flower normally even if the branches have been killed back by frost. Some early afternoon shade is beneficial in hot southern regions. Prune in late winter/early spring. Hydrangeas are at their best in summer and fall.
- You are purchasing one – Silver Dollar Hydrangea – 4” pot
- Long lasting
- Fall interest
- Low maintenance
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Hydrangea Paniculata ‘Silver Dollar’
- Mature Size (HxW): 4-5’ x 4-5’
- Spacing: 84-96”
- Soil: Moist, well-drained
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to light shade
- Characteristics: Fragrant, Cold Tolerant, Deciduous
- Suggested Uses: Cut flower, Dried flower, Landscape
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!