Penny Mac is the immensely popular hydrangea with an incredible display of mophead flowers repeatedly throughout the summer. All with minimal care! The blooms tend to be blue in acid soils and lean towards pink in more alkaline soils. Great dramatic effect with mass planting.
Penny Mac blooms on both old and new growth. If pruning is needed, prune immediately after flowering by cutting back flowering stems to a pair of healthy buds.
Penny Mac was first introduced by Penny McHenry of Atlanta, Georgia (founder of the American Hydrangea Society).
- You are purchasing one Penny Mac Hydrangea bush in a 1 Gallon Pot
- Rounded habit
- Excellent cut flower
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Hydrangea macrophylla ‘Penny Mac’
- Mature Size: 4’-6’ x 3’-4’
- Soil: Rich, medium moisture, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Partial sun
- Characteristics: Repeat bloomer, Deciduous shrub
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Suggested Uses: Cut flowers, dried flowers, landscape, specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!