All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Buttery yellow margins with dark green centers on nicely mounded leaves are the identifying features of ‘Wide Brim’ Hosta. Pale lavender flowers grow on 24” scapes in midsummer.
’Wide Brim’ can tolerate a bit more sun than other varieties, doing well in full shade as well as up to ¾ day of sun.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Wide Brim Hosta - 1 quart pot
- Corrugated leaves
- Prefers full shade to ¾ day of sun
- Attracts hummingbirds
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Hosta x ‘Wide Brim’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 16” x 24”-40”
- Soil: Moist, well-drained, highly organic soil best
- Soil pH: 5.5-7.5
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to full shade
- Characteristics: Buttery yellow margin, Perennial
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Container/Patio, Border, Rock Gardens, Woodland
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!