All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
’Liberty’ sports blue green leaves with wide, dramatically streaked yellow margins which can fade to a creamy white later in the season. A sport of ‘Sagae’, ‘Liberty’ is of much heavier substance, with greater slug resistance. Lavender flowers appear on 40” scapes from early to midsummer. Liberty’s true beauty comes out when it has grown into a mature clump.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Liberty Hosta - 1 quart pot
- a sport of ‘Sagae’
- Attracts hummingbirds
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Asparagaceae ‘Liberty’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 1’-3’ x 1’-3’
- Soil: Moist, well-drained, highly organic soil best
- Soil pH: Neutral to acidic
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Light to full shade
- Characteristics: Variegated, Perennial
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Border, Rock Gardens, Edging
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!