All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
’Humpback Whale’ lives up to its name! This giant produces dome-shaped mounds up to 7’ wide with blue-green corrugated, heart-shaped leaves. This cultivar produces the bluest foliage color in the spring. White ‘spouts’ of bell shaped flowers shoot upwards from this ‘whale’ in early summer.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Humpback Whale Hosta - 1 quart pot
- Attracts hummingbirds
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Hosta x ‘Humpback Whale’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 3’ x 7’
- Spacing: Plant 7’ apart
- Soil: Moist, well-drained, highly organic soil best
- Soil pH: Neutral to acidic
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Light to full shade
- Characteristics: Large, Perennial
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Border, Rock Gardens, Woodland
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!