All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
With neat clumps of heart-shaped, blue green leaves about 5” long, ‘Hadspen Blue’ is a smaller, though not miniature, Hosta variety. Pale purple blooms appear in mid to late summer on 14” stems.
’Hadspen Blue’ has thick, cupped, heavily textured leaves of a powdery steel blue. Leaves retain their color all season long, one of the best blue hosta varieties.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Hadspen Blue Hosta - 1 quart pot
- Easy Care
- Pale purple bloom in Summer
- Forms nice rounded mound of foliage
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Hosta x ‘Hadspen Blue’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 10”-12” x 20”
- Spacing: 18”-20”
- Soil: Moist, well-drained, highly organic soil best
- Soil pH: Neutral to acidic
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Sun Exposure: Full to partial shade
- Characteristics: Blue green, Perennial
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Border, Container, Rock Gardens, Edging
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!