All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
’Great Expectations’ features thick, puckered, broadly ovate leaves with wide, irregular blue-green margins. The ever-changing center will start out chartreuse in the spring, followed by yellow then creamy yellow, and finally to white. Of course, as with most hosta, the colors vary with sun exposure. Fern green streaks occur between the margin and center of each leaf, making each leaf unique!
Large, dense masses of white flowers on 24” scapes in midsummer.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Great Expectations Hosta - 1 quart pot
- A sport of H. sieboldiana ‘Elegans’
- Slug resistant Hosta
- Attracts hummingbirds
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Hosta x ‘Great Expectations’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 20” x 40”
- Soil: Moist, well-drained, highly organic soil best
- Soil pH: 5.5-7.5
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Light to full shade
- Characteristics: Variegated, Perennial
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Suggested Uses: Border, Rock Gardens, Edging
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!