All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
‘Fire Island’ is a standout in your landscaping, a hard-to-miss small to medium sized hosta. The leaves emerge bright yellow on red petioles, with the red coloring extending up into the leaves. As the season progresses, the foliage darkens to chartreuse, but the red petioles remain all season long. Leaves are broadly ovate, slightly corrugated with distinctly ripples margins at maturity. Lavender flowers appear on 18”-20” scapes in midsummer.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Fire Island Hosta
- Attracts hummingbirds
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical name: H. ‘Fire Island’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 10”-14” x 15”-30”
- Soil: Moist, well-drained, highly organic soil best
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Light to full shade
- Characteristics: Yellow foliage, Perennial
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Border, Rock Gardens, Edging
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!