‘Abiqua Drinking Gourd’ Hosta is an extremely distinct cultivar due to the heavily corrugated, deeply cupped and unruly foliage it displays. It is a winner of several awards, including AHS Best Green Hosta in a Garden Award 1996, AHS Lucille Simpers Award 1996, RHS’s Award of Garden Merit 2012, and more recently named 2014 Hosta of the Year by the American Hosta Growers Association.
The dark blue-green, seer suckered leaves are of heavy substance that demonstrates good slug resistance. The deeply cupped leaves truly create a unique statement in any shade garden. White flower emerge early summer on 22 inch scapes just above the foliage.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Abiqua Drinking Gourd Hosta – Quart Pot
- Slug resistant Hosta
- Attracts hummingbirds
- White flowers are produced on 36" scapes in midsummer
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: H. ‘Tokudama’ x H. sieboldiana ‘Abiqua Drinking Gourd’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 18” x 36”
- Soil: Moist, well-drained, highly organic soil best
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Light to full shade
- Characteristics: Dark blue-green, seer suckered foliage, Perennial
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Border, Rock Gardens, Edging
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!