Inkberry Holly has broad evergreen foliage. Females do need a male pollinator to produce the pea sized; jet black drupes which mature in early fall and will last through winter, providing a food source for local bird populations.
This is an easily grown cultivar which tolerates nearly every condition possible. While optimally planted in full sun with rich, moist soil; it will tolerate partial shade and wet soil. Minimal pruning is required unless you desire a specific appearance.
- You are purchasing one – Inkberry Holly – 3 Gallon Pot
- Low maintenance
- Attracts songbirds
- Winter interest shrub
- Deer and rabbit resistant
- Cold tolerant
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Ilex glabra
- Mature Size(H x W) : 5’-8’ x 5’-8’
- Soil: Rich, consistently moist, acidic soil
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Broadleaf evergreen shrub
- Growth Rate: Slow to Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, hedges, naturalizing, rain gardens
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!