All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Bluebird Hibiscus, or Rose of Sharon, features beautiful, showy, violet-blue blobs with striking red-purple throats decorating the ends of its branches. The green, maple-like foliage has deep toothed margins that keep its color throughout the season. It blooms profusely from early summer and into fall. It’s the type of show that will be impossible to miss in your yard.
Hibiscus syriacus, commonly called rose of Sharon or shrub althea, is a vigorous, upright, vase-shaped, multi-stemmed, deciduous shrub that typically grows 6’-8’ (less frequently to 10”) tall. It may be trained as a small tree or espalier.
- You are purchasing Hibiscus syriacus – ‘Bluebird’ – 3.5" Pots - 3 pack
- Also called Rose of Sharon
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Attracts hummingbirds and butterflies
- Blooms midsummer until first frost
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Hibiscus syriacus ‘Bluebird’
- Mature Size (HxW): 6’-8’ x 6’-8’
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Soil: Average, moist, well-drained
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part Sun
- Characteristics: Upright, multi-stemmed, deciduous shrub
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Tolerance: Deer
- Bloom: Violet-blue with red-purple centers
- Suggested Uses: Hedge, mass screen, trained as single trunk for container, specimen or focal point
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!