All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Aphrodite is a variety of the ornamental shrub, Rose of Sharon. Your Aphrodite will not only provide you with gorgeous flowers, but will provide them for a very long time! It blooms profusely from early summer and into fall. It’s the type of show that will be impossible to miss in your yard.
Hibiscus syriacus, commonly called rose of Sharon or shrub althea, is a vigorous, upright, vase-shaped, multi-stemmed, deciduous shrub that typically grows 6’-8’ (less frequently to 10”) tall. It may be trained as a small tree or espalier.
Eye-catching shrub, valued for exceptional flowers and long bloom season. Heavily ruffled, clear pink blooms have a deep red eye.
- You are purchasing a Hibiscus syriacus – ‘Aphrodite’ – 3.5" Pot - 3 pack
- Attracts hummingbirds and butterflies
- Showy, 5-petaled flowers to 3” diameter from early summer through fall
- Plant several as a hedge along your house or outbuilding, or group a few at the edge of a perennial bed for a tall, eye-catching splash of color
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Hibiscus syriacus ‘Aphrodite’
- Mature Size: 10’ x 6’
- Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Soil: Average, well-drained
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part Sun
- Characteristics: Deciduous shrub
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Tolerance: deer, drought, clay soil, black walnut
- Bloom, 4” Pink with dark red eye, showy flowers
- Suggested Uses: Hedge, mass screen, trained as single trunk for container, specimen or focal point
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!