All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Add grace and charm to your landscape with an Eastern Hemlock, also known as a Canadian Hemlock. The Eastern Hemlock tree is among the most common evergreen tree growing in the forests of eastern North America. This graceful, densely-branched evergreen displays soft, feathery deep-green needles throughout the year. Its willowy branches are adorned with an abundance of small brown cones of about a ½” – 1” in length. Providing food and shelter for a variety of wildlife, the Eastern Hemlock is great when used as an accent specimen, screening, groupings or foundation planting. Unlike most conifers, this slow growing, long-lived tree can tolerate shade quite well. Taking anywhere from 250 to 300 years to reach maturity, a mature tree can grow up to 40’-70’ in height with a spread of 25’-35’ and live for 800 years or more! The Eastern Hemlock prefers to grow in moist, well-drained, loamy, sandy, acidic soil and with full sun to part shade.
- You are purchasing a multipack of Canadian/Eastern Hemlock – Tsuga Canadensis – Potted in 2.5” Pots
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Also called the Canadian Hemlock and Hemlock Spruce
- Provides food and shelter for a variety of wildlife
- May be sheared to any shape or height
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Tsuga Canadensis
- Mature Size(H x W) : 40’-70’ x 25’-35’
- Soil: Moist, deep, well-drained; loamy, sandy, acidic
- Soil pH: Acidic, 4.2-5.7
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade
- Characteristics: Soft, feathery, deep green needles
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Tolerance: Deer, shade, and black walnut
- Intolerance: Drought, wind, or heavy soil
- Suggested Uses: Great evergreen accent specimen, screening, groupings, or foundation planting
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!