All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Considered both a shade tree and an ornamental tree with a spreading canopy that can block sunlight while also adding visual interest and beauty to your landscaping. The leaves are approximately 2”-4” long and 1/5”-2” wide, alternately arranged along the twigs and roughly shaped like spearheads. It produces small, dark red fruit about 1/3” in diameter that darken to purple as they mature throughout the autumn. These berry-like fruits last into winter.
- You are purchasing one Hackberry Tree - 1 gallon pot
- Considered a shade and ornamental tree
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical name: Celtis occidentalis
- Mature Size(H x W) : 40’-60’ x 40’-60’
- Soil: Grows well in acidic, alkaline, loamy, moist, rich, sandy, well-drained, wet, and clay soils
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Develops a broad crown with arching branches
- Fruit: Small dark red berry-like fruit
- Growth Rate: Moderate to Fast (13”-24” per year)
- Tolerance: Both flooding and drought
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, shade tree, ornamental tree
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!