All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Horsetail Grass, or Horsetail Reed, has a deep green, jointed stems that have an almost tropical look, reminiscent of bamboo. The rush like, slender stems do not leaf or flower. It is often used in container gardening, troughs, or near natural or man-made ponds and water features.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Horsetail Grass - Ornamental Grass – 4” Pot
- Also called Horsetail reed, puzzlegrass, mare’s tail, snake grass, or horse pipes
- Excellent filler for narrow spots
- Easy to grow and maintain
- Finely textured accent
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical name: Equisetum hyemale
- Mature Size(H x W) : 3-4’ x indefinite
- Soil: Moist, adaptable
- Hardiness Zone: 3-11
- Sun Exposure: Partial sun
- Characteristics: Ornamental grass, does not flower
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Suggested Uses: Coastal exposure, mass planting, very wet areas, water garden, Specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!