The ‘Hameln’ is known as Dwarf Fountain Grass. This ornamental grass has arching, deep green foliage in a vertical clump. The leaves are deep green in summer, changing to orange-bronze fall and then to beige in late fall. They are a beautiful addition as ground cover, border fronts, or for your rock/rain garden.
‘Hameln’ grows well in moist locations such as low spots, water gardens or on the banks of streams or ponds. Wherever used, this dwarf fountain grass is a plant that maintains a distinct, yet subtle presence. Like many grasses, there are virtually no disease or pest problems.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Hameln Dwarf Fountain Grass - Ornamental Grass - 1 quart pot
- Dwarf Habit
- Perennial potted plant
- Easy to grow and maintain
- Attracts birds
- The showy blooms make nice cut or dried flowers
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Poaceae
- Mature Size(H x W) : 18-24” x 18-24”
- Spacing: 20-30”
- Soil: Moist, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to light shade
- Characteristics: Foliage is deep green in summer changing to orange-bronze in the fall
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Bloom: Wheat; silvery to pinkish-shite
- Tolerance: Drought, erosion, wet soil, black walnut, air pollution
- Suggested Uses: Asian/Zen, Water Gardens, Specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!