All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
The ‘Hameln’ is known as Dwarf Fountain Grass. This ornamental grass has arching, deep green foliage in a vertical clump. The leaves are deep green in summer, changing to orange-bronze fall and then to beige in late fall. They are a beautiful addition as ground cover, border fronts, or for your rock/rain garden.
‘Hameln’ grows well in moist locations such as low spots, water gardens or on the banks of streams or ponds. Wherever used, this dwarf fountain grass is a plant that maintains a distinct, yet subtle presence. Like many grasses, there are virtually no disease or pest problems.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Hameln Dwarf Fountain Grass - Ornamental Grass - 1 quart pot
- Dwarf Habit
- Perennial potted plant
- Easy to grow and maintain
- Attracts birds
- The showy blooms make nice cut or dried flowers
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Poaceae
- Mature Size(H x W) : 18-24” x 18-24”
- Spacing: 20-30”
- Soil: Moist, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to light shade
- Characteristics: Foliage is deep green in summer changing to orange-bronze in the fall
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Bloom: Wheat; silvery to pinkish-shite
- Tolerance: Drought, erosion, wet soil, black walnut, air pollution
- Suggested Uses: Asian/Zen, Water Gardens, Specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!