With clear, vivid, perfectly formed and large periwinkle blue flowers, ‘Johnson’s Blue’ Geranium is the best-known blue Geranium, and a favorite of many gardeners. To keep the plant compact and mounded, shear back the foliage to allow a flush of new growth immediately after flowering. In the fall, foliage will take on brilliant orange/red tones, extending season interest. They are wonderful filler plants for any landscape, residential or commercial, offering continuous color throughout the summer.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Johnson’s Blue Geranium - 1 quart pot
- Hardy geranium
- Attracts butterflies
- Blooms in clusters above the foliage from late spring to early fall
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Mature Size(H x W) : 15”-18” x 18”-24”
- Soil: Average, medium-moisture, well-drained soil
- Soil pH: Neutral to alkaline
- Hardiness Zone: 4-8
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade
- Characteristics: Periwinkle blue bloom, Perennial
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Rock Gardens, Cottage Gardens, Borders, Mass for Ground Cover, Containers
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!