Krandasger Red is a purple stripe type garlic that grows quite large, averaging 6-8 good-sized cloves per bulb. The intense flavor of this garlic only grows more intense the colder the climate it is grown in. It is a mid-summer harvest.
Garlic can be planted in the spring as soon as the ground can be worked, but fall planting is recommended. In areas that get a hard frost, plant garlic 6-8 weeks before the first frost, cover with a 3" layer of straw, grass clippings or other organic mulch.
- You are purchasing Krandasger Red Garlic bulbs
- For larger bulbs at harvest, be sure to pinch off any flowers that start to form
- Botanical name: Allium sativum ophioscorodon ‘Krandasger Red Seed Garlic’
- Soil: Well-drained, plenty of organic matter
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Characteristics: Hardneck
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!