Duganski is a mid-season, purple stripe type garlic. Bulbs are typically larger, but can vary in size. Cloves tend to have a fiery flavor that mellows out in the aftertaste. Duganski performs especially well in sauces and marinades. We recommend saving your larger heads to plant for the next season.
Garlic can be planted in the spring as soon as the ground can be worked, but fall planting is recommended. In areas that get a hard frost, plant garlic 6-8 weeks before the first frost, cover with a 3" layer of straw, grass clippings or other organic mulch.
- You are purchasing Duganski Garlic bulbs
- Botanical name: Allium sativum ssp ophioscorodon ‘Duganski’
- Soil: Well-drained, plenty of organic matter
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Characteristics: Hardneck
- Spacing: Block Planting – 2”-4” apart and 1”-2" deep in upright position
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!