All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Thousands of bright yellow flowers turn this plant into a beacon of sunlight! Forsythia is an excellent choice if you are wanting a fast growing shrub for your garden. This early spring bloomer has graceful branches with an upright or arching habit displaying an abundance of vibrant yellow blooms against its deep green foliage. The amazing show of color is not only in the springtime. Come fall, Forsythia's leaves turn a bright yellow with a shade of orange and red. Use as a specimen or accent in your garden or a as a colorful privacy screen or hedge. Plant Forsythia where it will receive full sun to partial shade in fertile, moist, well-drained soil.
- You are purchasing a Forsythia – 1 Gallon Pot
- Graceful branches with an upright or arching habit
- Unusual, distinctive leaf pattern
- Attracts birds and butterflies
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Forsythia x intermedia
- Mature Size (H x W): 8'-10' x 10'-12'
- Soil: Fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Hardiness Zone: 4-8
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade
- Characteristics: Dark green, coarsely toothed foliage turning bright yellow with a hint of orange in the fall
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Suggested Uses: Accent or specimen plant, privacy hedge or screen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!