Brown Turkey is a classic, all-purpose fig. Fruit is delicious fresh and in preserves. Dried figs make tasty snacks all year long.
Attractive deciduous tree with an interesting winter appearance. Highly adaptable. Figs are often root hardy and prolific in zones 5-6 if planted in a sheltered location. With light annual pruning, makes a beautiful specimen for garden or landscape.
Tree needs protection when temperatures drop below 10 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You are purchasing a Brown Turkey Fig Tree - 4" Pot, 6"-12" tall – 1 each
- Needs minimal pruning
- Grows well in containers
- May yield 2 distinct crops in locations with a long, warm growing season
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Ficus carica ’Brown Turkey’
- Mature Size (HxW): 25’ x 15’
- Soil: Loamy, well-drained, adaptable
- Soil pH: 6.0-6.5
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Full-Partial Sun
- Ripens/Harvest: June
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Drought Tolerance: Drought/Heat tolerant
- Years to bear: 1-2
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!