’Lady In Red’ has sultry red stems surrounded by bright green, lacy fronds. New fronds arise gracefully from the crown all season long, keeping plants from getting worn looking. Clumps are dense and upright.
’Lady In Red’ typically grows slightly smaller than other varieties, staying under 3 feet tall.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Lady In Red Fern – 4” Pot
- Burgundy color in the stems develops after the second dormancy
- Provides seasonal cover and hiding places for birds and other wildlife
- Tolerates sun if soil stays moist
- Vigorous and easy to grow
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Athyrium filix-femina ‘Lady In Red’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 3’ x 3’
- Soil: Average, medium moisture, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 2-8
- Sun Exposure: Full/Partial shade
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, Shade Gardens
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!