Lady Fern features serrated foliage with typical fern-like leaves. The lacy fronds create a lush form that you will enjoy. Because of their beauty, these fronds are also popular in cut-flower arrangements. The unusual red color on new fiddleheads add interest to its light green foliage. Its tendency towards low growth and spreading makes it an excellent choice to fill gaps between shrubs and under trees. Adapts well to pots and small landscapes.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Lady Hardy Fern – Quart Pot
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical name: Athyrium filix-femina
- Mature Size(H x W) : 30” x 18”-24”
- Soil: Average, medium moisture, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Full/Partial shade
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, Shade Gardens
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!