All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Beautiful, lush green foliage produces a graceful form. The finely divided fronds are beautiful, tapering to a point and held up and out for maximum showiness. They are a light celery-green, darkening over the summer but remaining green all winter in warmer climates. The sight of new pale green fronds uncurling against older deep green foliage is a dramatic one in spring!
The balance can sometimes be so delicate in the garden between "quick-spreading" and "out of control," so it's a relief to find a fern that truly knows the meaning of restraint! It WILL spread, forming large colonies, but because of its very short runners, it won't take off or take over!
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Japanese Beech Fern – 4” Pot
- Easy Care
- Tolerates full sun with enough moisture
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Thelypteris decursive-pinnata ‘Japanese Beech’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 24” x 18”
- Soil: Average, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 4-10
- Sun Exposure: Full/Partial shade
- Characteristics: Perennial, Mounded, Deciduous, Dark Green, Spreading
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Tolerance: Deer, Rabbit
- Suggested Uses: Asian/Zen, Shade Garden, Woodland
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!