’Ghost’ is a terrifically versatile fern, outstandingly lovely in its own right as well as being the perfect foil for surrounding green and blue-leaved plants. One of the most distinctive and original new cultivars in recent years, it is the result of fine breeding that will show to splendid advantage in your partially to fully shaded garden.
Finely divided foliage, excellent upright habit, and silvery-gray fronds so luminous they appear to glow! If you have been tempted to grow a fern garden in the past but have been discouraged by the lack of color range, ‘Ghost’ is the accent planting you need to highlight the more subtle changes in color and texture among other ferns.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Painted Lady ‘Ghost’ Fern – 4” Pot
- A vigorous and easy to grow fern with gray-green foliage
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Athyrium ‘Ghost’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 3’ x 3’
- Soil: Consistently moist
- Hardiness Zone: 4-8
- Sun Exposure: Full/Partial shade
- Characteristics: Perennial, Upright growth, mounded, gray-green foliage
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, Shade Gardens
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!