Looking for a fern that is easy to grow and dependable? The Eastern Wood Fern is just that. This distinct evergreen fern has beautiful arching fronds that typically form a non-spreading, vase-shaped mound. The young, light green fern fronds mature to a blue-green color by midsummer. Excellent when used for a specimen, mass planting, or even a container.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Eastern Wood Fern – 4” Pot
- Commonly called Marginal Shield Fern
- Leathery, feather-like, blue-green foliage
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical name: Dryopteris marginalis
- Mature Size (H x W) : 12”-24” x 24”
- Soil: Average, medium moisture, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Full/Partial shade
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, Shade Gardens
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!