Christmas Fern grows in a fountain-like clump and features leathery lance-shaped evergreen fronds. The fact they are green at Christmas time gives the fern its name. The stocking shape of the pinnae also suggests Christmas. Young fiddleheads in spring are silvery and scaled. Evergreen fronds provide good winter interest for the landscape.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Christmas Hardy Fern – Quart Pot
- No serious insect or disease problems
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical name: Polystichum acrostichoides
- Mature Size(H x W) : 1’-3’ x 1’-3’
- Soil: Average, medium moisture, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Full/Partial shade
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, Shade Gardens
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!