A late spring bloomer! Blue False Indigo Bush is a showy, long-lived, bushy perennial. The short spike of blue, pea-like flowers cover the woody stems along with dense, blue-green foliage. Bird watchers and butterfly lovers, you will enjoy this shrub as a part of your gardens and landscape, so pull up a chair and enjoy the scene in your own yard! This upright, multi-stemmed, thicket-forming shrub grows to a mature size of 3’-4’ in height and spread.
- You are purchasing one – False Indigo Bush – 1 Gallon Pot
- Award Perennial Plant of the Year in 2010
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Hard heavy, established roots
- Multi-stemmed, open, oval to round, spreading, thicket forming, upright
- Attracts birds and butterflies
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Baptisia australis
- Mature Size(H x W) : 3'-4' x 3'-4'
- Soil: Average, dry to medium, well-drained soil
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade
- Characteristics: Woody stems with bluish-green foliage, blue spikes of pea-shaped flowers
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Suggested Uses: Accent, specimen, mass planting, mixed border, cut flowers
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!