All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Elderberry makes a delicious addition to your garden, as it provides a bumper crop of purplish-black fruit in late summer that is often used in canning jams and jellies, as well as pies.
The berries and flowers of the elderberry are edible. Flowers can be tossed into a salad. The berries are best used in pies, pancakes, jams, jellies, and winemaking.
This shrub should be pruned back every few years to keep it looking good in a landscaped garden.
- You are purchasing one – American Elderberry – 2 gallon pot
- Also called Common Elderberry
- Attracts birds and butterflies
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Sambucus canadensis
- Mature Size(H x W) : 8’-10’ x 8’-12’
- Soil: Prefers moist soil but tolerates dry soil
- Hardiness Zone: 3-8
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Deciduous shrub, smooth bark, edible fruit
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, Cooking, Hedge
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!