Early spring bloom, this dogwood can be grown as a low-branching, multi-stemmed shrub or can be trained as a small garden tree by removal of suckers and lower branches. Showy small, star-like yellow flowers appear before foliage emerges in spring and dark green foliage throughout the season.
Produces red berries from early to mid-summer and are technically edible, but not particularly tasty and are infrequently harvested unless for use in syrups or making jams and jellies. Wildlife love them, birds will flock to your yard for the berries!
- You are purchasing a Corneliancherry Dogwood – 1 Gallon Pot
- Small star-shaped yellow flowers followed by dark red fruit which attracts birds and squirrels
- Attractive grayish-brown bark exfoliates on mature branches and adds an interesting dimension to the landscape
- Compact habit, oval form
- Prune only after flowering
- Good choice for attracting birds to your yard
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Cornus mas 'Corneliancherry Dogwood'
- Mature Size (H x W): 15' x 10'
- Soil: Well-drained, adaptable
- Hardiness Zone: 4-8
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part Shade
- Characteristics: Flowering Tree, Ornamental Tree, deciduous, edible/showy fruit, attractive bark
- Growth Rate: Medium
- Bloom: Small, star-shaped, yellow
- Tolerance: Drought, poor soil
- Suggested Uses: Accent, mass planting, screen/hedge
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!