A classic perennial, Moonbeam Coreopsis features bright lemon-yellow flowers produced in profusion from early through late summer. With needle-like foliage on upright stems, it forms an airy, fine clump that lends a fine texture element to the landscape. Coreopsis is one of the easiest perennials to maintain and is a perfect choice for beginners.
Although species’ plants freely self-seed, ‘Moonbeam’ is a sterile cultivar. Plants can spread somewhat aggressively in the garden by rhizomes.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – ‘Moonbeam’ Coreopsis - 1 quart pot
- Commonly called threadleaf coreopsis or whorled coreopsis
- 1992 Perennial Plant Association Plant of the Year
- Attracts butterflies
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Coreopsis verticillata ‘Moonbeam’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 18”-24” x 18”-24”
- Soil: Dry to medium-moisture, well-drained, average soil
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Creamy yellow bloom June to August, herbaceous perennial
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Border, Container, Cutting Gardens, Rock Gardens
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!