All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Watch the songbirds flock to your backyard all winter long for sources of food and places to nest! Coralberry is a small, mound-shaped, deciduous shrub with shredding bark on older wood and brown to purplish branchlets. This member of the Honeysuckle family usually grows to 4 ft. but will reach up to 6 ft on occasion. Its smooth, dull green leaves are opposite and oval. Leaves are often less than 1 inch. The greenish-white flower clusters are not very showy, but the clusters of coral-pink to purple berries up to 1/4 inch in diameter remain on the plant through winter.
- You are purchasing one – Coralberry shrub – 2 Gallon Pot
- This is a forest growing shrub
- Provides nesting and food to songbirds, ground birds, and small mammals
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Symphoricarpos orbiculatus
- Mature Size(H x W) : 2’-4’ x 4’-6’
- Soil: Well-drained sand, loam, or clay. Tolerates moist or dry soil in the neutral range
- Hardiness Zone: 2-7
- Sun Exposure: Full to Partial Shade
- Characteristics: Small greenish-white flowers give way to pink, coral, and purple berries in the fall through winter
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, woodland garden, streams, riverbanks
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!