Watch the songbirds flock to your backyard all winter long for sources of food and places to nest! Coralberry is a small, mound-shaped, deciduous shrub with shredding bark on older wood and brown to purplish branchlets. This member of the Honeysuckle family usually grows to 4 ft. but will reach up to 6 ft on occasion. Its smooth, dull green leaves are opposite and oval. Leaves are often less than 1 inch. The greenish-white flower clusters are not very showy, but the clusters of coral-pink to purple berries up to 1/4 inch in diameter remain on the plant through winter.
- You are purchasing one – Coralberry shrub – 2 Gallon Pot
- This is a forest growing shrub
- Provides nesting and food to songbirds, ground birds, and small mammals
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Symphoricarpos orbiculatus
- Mature Size(H x W) : 2’-4’ x 4’-6’
- Soil: Well-drained sand, loam, or clay. Tolerates moist or dry soil in the neutral range
- Hardiness Zone: 2-7
- Sun Exposure: Full to Partial Shade
- Characteristics: Small greenish-white flowers give way to pink, coral, and purple berries in the fall through winter
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, woodland garden, streams, riverbanks
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!