All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Enjoy the long-lasting summer blooms of one of the oldest Crape Myrtle varieties! Native to China, Country Red Crape Myrtle is a hardy, heat-loving, deciduous shrub. The clusters of vibrant, blood-red blooms decorate the branch tips. The dense, multi-stemmed Country Red has dark green foliage in the spring and summer transitioning to a dull yellow-orange in the fall.
The Country Red Crape Myrtle makes a stunning accent tree when used in either small groupings or as a single specimen, as a privacy hedge, border of can even be placed in a container.
Plant your Crape Myrtle where it will receive full sun in fertile, moist, well-drained soil. Pruning should be done in late winter or early spring before growth begins. Trim up to form a shrub or tree.
- You are purchasing a Country Red Crape Myrtle, 1 gallon trade pot
- Attracts hummingbirds, bees, & butterflies
- Drought tolerant, disease resistant, & highly adaptable
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Lagerstroemia indica 'Country Red'
- Mature Size (H x W): 15-20' x 10-15'
- Soil: Widely adaptable, average, well-drained soil
- Hardiness Zone: 6-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Deciduous, summer flowering
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Bloom: Red
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, Landscape Accent, Privacy Screen, Container
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!