All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
A member of the geranium family, the Citronella Geranium is also called the mosquito plant, and carries the fragrance of citronella in its foliage. While the plant itself does not act as a deterrent to mosquitoes, if you crush the leaf and rub it on the skin, it will, aside from smelling wonderful, naturally help repel the little pesks.
Citronella Geranium is an useful alternative to provide texture to your landscaping due to their lacy leaves. Can be used as a summer border, in a garden composition, or a large mixed container.
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Citronella Geranium Potted Plant, Potted in 4” Pot
- A member of the Geranium family
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Mature Size: 2-3’ in height
- Spacing: 18-24” apart
- Soil: Moderately rich, moist soil
- Hardiness Zone: An evergreen perennial in zones 9-11; will be a cold tender annual where freezing temperatures occur
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade
- Characteristics: Lacy leaves, crushed leaves naturally repel mosquitoes
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, Large container
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!