For those who know trees, the American Chestnut was a legend. It was the most important food and timber trees in the Eastern United States. Virtually destroyed by a bark fungus from the Orient in the early 1900’s, it was one of the largest ecological disasters in American history.
The good news for nature lovers is that the American Chestnut is back! This is a hybrid tree that is bringing back into the public the revered American Chestnut. Virtually disease resistant, this hybrid is a must have for nature lovers, growers, history buffs - anyone who would love to nurture a tree that was once thought extinct!
Plant at least 2 American Chestnuts to facilitate cross pollination.
- You are purchasing one American Chestnut Tree planted in a 2 Gallon Pot
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Mature Size (H x W): 40’-60’ x 30’-40’
- Soil: Well-drained, non-low lying areas, sandy loam and pH 5.0-7.0
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Showy catkins
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Ornamental, specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!