All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
The Weeping Yoshino Cherry, like its upright parent, the Yoshino Cherry tree, forms its flowers well before the leaves, make it one of the showiest of all ornamental trees. This tree is cherished for its ornamental falling flower display and unique branching. This tree blooms in the spring.
With its gracefully weeping branches, these cherry trees make wonderful urban trees, as it is on the smaller side, with only about a 15’ height and at most, 25’ spread.
In 1912, Japan gifted 500 Weeping Yoshino Cherry trees to first lady Helen Herron Taft, and they were planted in Washington, D.C., making a recognizable display that D.C. is known for to this day.
- You are purchasing a 3 Pack of Yoshino Weeping Cherry Trees in 2.5” Pots
- White, showy bloom
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Prunus x yedoensis var. perpendens
- Mature Size(H x W) : 15’-20’ x 15’-25’
- Soil: Grows in acidic, loamy, sandy, and clay soils, but prefers moist and well-drained soils
- Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Deciduous ornamental and shade tree
- Growth Rate: Moderate to fast
- Suggested Uses: Decorative, Specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!