All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Named after a mountain in Japan, the Kwanzan cherry tree is native to China, Japan, and Korea. It is a showstopper, known for its glorious flower displays at the annual Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C.
The Kwanzan Cherry produces a profusion of pink, double flowers in April and May. The leaves are often reddish-copper as they emerge, turning dark green over the summer and fading to a yellow or bronze in the fall.
- You are purchasing a 3 Pack of Kwanzan Flowering Cherry Trees in 2.5” Pots
- Pink, showy bloom
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Prunus serrulata 'Kanzan'
- Mature Size(H x W) : 30'-40' x 30'-40'
- Soil: Grows in acidic, loamy, sandy, and clay soils, but prefers moist and well-drained soils
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Deciduous ornamental and shade tree
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Decorative, Specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!