All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Flowering Higan Cherry Tree is a real eye-catcher! A beautiful, fast growing, mid-sized tree is a perfect addition to any landscape. Flowering multiple times a year, the double-blooms change colors from deep pink in bud, turning light pink fading to almost white when fully open. Simple, lustrous, dark green leaves are oblong to ovate having doubly serrated margins providing fall colors of bronze, yellow, gold or deep red. The pea-sized black, berry-like fruit are not ornamentally significant, but they do attract birds. The Flowering Higan Cherry is a versatile ornamental tree that is quite tolerant of summer heat and winter cold, unlike other ornamental cherry trees.
- You are purchasing an Autumn Flowering Higan Cherry Tree – 1 Gallon Trade Pot
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Longer lived than many of the Japanese ornamental cherries
- Can also be a 'Weeping' Higan Cherry Tree. This will depend on the cultivar. Please check with us on availability
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Prunus x subhirtella ‘Autumnalis’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 20’-30’ x 15’-30’
- Soil: Fertile, moist, well-drained, acidic
- Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade
- Characteristics: mid-sized, multiple trunk, slender, with upright spreading branches and a rounded canopy
- Bloom: Double blooms changing color from deep pink in bud to light pink fading to almost white when fully open
- Growth Rate: Fast
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, Ornamental, Focal point
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!