The Spitfire Flowering Quince features showy fiery red flowers in early spring, before the leaves. It has dark green foliage which emerges red in spring. The fruits are yellow pomes displayed in mid-fall.
Only prune after flowering to avoid removing any of the current season’s flowers. Spitfire Flowering Quince is a dense multi-stemmed shrub with an upright spreading growth habit. Periodically remove some of the old canes to encourage new growth in the center of the plant.
- You are purchasing a 'Spitfire' Flowering Quince in a 1 Gallon pot
- Deer resistant
- Early spring blooms
- Low maintenance
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Chaenomeles speciosa 'Spitfire'
- Mature Size(H x W) : 7' x 5'
- Soil: Moist, well-drained soil
- Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Sun Exposure: Full sun
- Characteristics: Deciduous shrub
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, groupings, flowering shrub borders, wildlife gardens, Asian theme gardens, cottage gardens
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!