Dragon’s Blood Flowering Quince is a hot addition to your garden! The attractive, compact, multi-stemmed, deciduous shrub packs amazing flower power. The double blood red flowers and the oblong, glossy green foliage emerge in early spring. An added bonus to this shrub is that it is thornless! Dragon’s Blood Flowering Quince is a dwarf shrub and is perfect when used as a specimen, in beds and borders, mass planting or small hedge or screen.
- You are purchasing a Dragon’s Blood Flowering Quince – one gallon trade pot
- Easy care
- Flowers for cutting
- Avoid heavy pruning. Prune to shape as needed in spring after flowering to stimulate growth of flowering spurs which will improve bloom for the following year (although such pruning will reduce fruit production for the current year)
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Chaenomeles japonica 'Dragon’s Blood'
- Mature Size (HxW): 3' x 4'
- Soil: Average, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part Shade
- Characteristics: Glossy, ovate green leaves turning yellow in the fall, Deciduous, spreading, spring flowering
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Bloom: Double blood red flowers, blooms on old growth
- Tolerance: Deer
- Suggested Uses: Beds & Borders, Ground Covers, Barrier, Hedge, Cut Flowers, Attracts Wildlife
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!