All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
I hope you can find room in your garden for this flowering quince! Among the first flowers to appear each year, for three luxurious weeks each May, it adorns itself in hundreds of delightful soft apricot-pink blooms, fully-double, antique rose-type flowers.
Lovely flowers aren't Cameo's only value. When the stems drop their leaves in autumn, a vast quantity of edible fruit becomes apparent and the birds will love it!
- You are purchasing Cameo Japanese Flowering Quince – 1 Gallon Pot
- Early flowering shrub
- Attracts birds
- Easy Care
- Flowers for cutting
- Year-round interest
- Plants bloom on old growth
- Avoid heavy pruning. Prune to shape as needed in spring after flowering to stimulate growth of flowering spurs which will improve bloom for the following year (although such pruning will reduce fruit production for the current year)
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Chaenomeles japonica 'Cameo'
- Mature Size: 4' x 5'
- Soil: Average, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun/Part Shade
- Characteristics: Deciduous, spreading, spring flowering, blooms on old growth
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Bloom: Peach/Pink
- Tolerance: Drought, poor soil
- Suggested Uses: Hedge, specimen or group border/cottage garden
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!