The Sweet Shrub, also known as Carolina allspice, strawberry-bush, sweet bubby, and spicebush, has fragrant sweet blooms that appearing late spring. Dark reddish brown to wine-red flowers open in spring, blooms are shaped somewhat like magnolia blossoms. Flowers are great for a floral arrangement, or to dry and be added to potpourri. During the summer dark green leaves stay turning to golden yellow.
- You are purchasing a Calycanthus/Eastern Sweetshrub Bush potted in a 2 Gallon Pot
- Oval shape, blooms April to July
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Calycanthus floridus
- Mature Size (HxW): 6’-10’ x 6’-12’
- Soil: Moist, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, shrub border, foundation planting
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!