One look at the stunning flowers will remove any question about how this plant got its moniker! Spectacular 12” panicles of tubular white flowers with red anthers and pink filaments will provide a mid-summer show for you! The glossy--but inedible--pear shaped buckeye nuts will follow in late summer to fall accompanied by the leaves changing from deep green to bright yellow. The Bottlebrush is easily grown in partial to full shade and normally doesn’t require pruning.
- You are purchasing one – Bottlebrush Buckeye – 1 Gallon Pot
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Ornamental shrub
- Valuable to all pollinators
- Use in large-scale plantings or hedges
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Aesculus parviflora
- Mature Size(H x W) : 6'-12' x 12'-15'
- Soil: Moist, well-drained
- Hardiness Zone: 4-8
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun to Full Shade
- Characteristics: Palmately compound leaves with 5-7 leaflets; turns yellow or yellowish-green in the fall
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, accent, shrub border
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!