All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Japanese boxwoods growth habit is moderate to slow, making it perfect for a low maintenance hedge or border. Fresh, lighter colored leaves in spring will fade into a uniform green as summer progresses. Japanese boxwood is noted for its tolerance to harsh conditions and their ability to withstand heavy pruning.
Boxwood is the classic hedge plant. It features a dense, evergreen growth that makes it perfect for trimming into a small, formal hedge, or as individual specimens lining a path or border. Often used for defining different spaces in a garden or as a foundation cover-up. The evergreen color makes it especially pretty in front of red brick. Boxwood is also wonderful as topiaries and hedge mazes.
- You are purchasing a multi-pack of – Japanese Boxwood – 2.5” pot
- Pest, Deer, and Disease resistant
- Year-round interest
- Low maintenance
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Buxus microphylla var. japonica
- Mature Size(H x W) : 36” x 24” when unpruned
- Spacing: 3’ minimum
- Soil: Moist, well-drained soil
- Hardiness Zone: 6-10
- Sun Exposure: Full to Partial sun
- Characteristics: Evergreen
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Border, Container, Hedge, Mass Planting, Specimen, Topiary, Urban Garden
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!