Green Velvet is full-bodied boxwood well-suited for dense, low hedges. Foliage retains its rich green color throughout the winter. If not sheared, it has a vigorous, rounded form.
Through the years, the boxwood has been associated with formal gardens. Boxwood parterres and hedges can be seen in many of the great gardens of Europe and America. Colonial Williamsburg, especially around the Governor’s Mansion, offers wonderful examples of formal boxwood use.
- You are purchasing a multipack of Green Velvet Boxwood - 2.5" Pots
- Deer resistant
- Year-round foliage
- Low maintenance, can take heavy pruning/shaping
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Buxus ‘Green Velvet’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 3’-4’ x 3’-4’
- Soil: Moist, well-drained soil
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Sun Exposure: Partial to full sun
- Characteristics: Evergreen shrub
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Border, Container, Hedge, Mass Planting, Topiary, Urban Garden
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!