All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Boxwood is a versatile landscape shrub that is often seen in more formal gardens, but works well even in the most casual of garden landscaping. With evergreen leaves that change color as they mature from bluish gray-green to dark green, boxwood is an outstanding choice for tall hedges.
Through the years, the boxwood has been associated with formal gardens. Boxwood parterres and hedges can be seen in many of the great gardens of Europe and America. Colonial Williamsburg, especially around the Governor’s Mansion, offers wonderful examples of formal boxwood use.
- You are purchasing a multipack of American (Common) Boxwood – Buxus sempervirens – 2.5" Pots
- Deer resistant
- Year-round foliage
- Low maintenance, can take heavy pruning/shaping
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Botanical Name: Buxus sempervirens
- Mature Size(H x W) : 15’-20’ x 15’-20’
- Soil: Moist, well-drained soil
- Hardiness Zone: 5-8
- Sun Exposure: Partial to full sun
- Characteristics: Evergreen shrub
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Suggested Uses: Border, Hedge, Mass Planting, Specimen
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!