All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Growing your own blueberries can be easy and fun. Grow bushels of healthy, flavorful blueberries that can be eaten fresh off the bush. There is nothing better than blueberry buckle or blueberry jam. Not only are you saving money but you are getting fresh fruit from you own blueberry bush.
With flavors that range from mildly sweet to tart and tangy, blueberries are nutritional stars bursting with nutrition and flavor while being very low in calories. Blueberries grow in clusters and range in size from that of a small pea to a marble. They are deep in color, ranging from blue to maroon to purple-black, and feature a white-gray waxy "bloom" that covers the surface serving as a protective coat. The skin surrounds a semi-transparent flesh that encases tiny seeds.
- Requires mulching in winter
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Soil: Moist, well-drained, loamy soil best
- Sun Exposure: Full sun, can tolerate light frost
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Blue Crop: Northern Highbush Type. Zone 3-7. Early mid-season. Large, firm berry, good flavor. Loose fruit cluster. Upright, vigorous, productive bush. Hardy, drought resistant. Height is 4’-6’ at maturity. Yield is consistent, ranging from 10-20 pounds per plant at maturity, depending on care. Berry is bright blue. Blue Crop is the leading early mid-season highbush cultivar in the United States.
- Blue Ray: Northern Highbush Type. Zone 3-7. Early mid-season. Large, firm, sweet berry. Large tight clusters. Upright, spreading, vigorous, productive ornamental. Height at maturity is 4’-6’. Blue Ray is the leading variety planted for U-Pick markets. This abundant mid-season producer will give you buckets of delicious, aromatic, light-blue berries that won’t crack. They are self-pollinating but also are an ideal pollinator for most other varieties.
- Chandler:Northern Highbush Type. Zone 5-7. Mid to late season with the largest berry of any variety on the market today. Fruits over 4-6 weeks, very good flavor, vigorous. Moderate firmness.
- Duke: Northern Highbush Type. Zone 3-7. Early ripening. Medium to large berries. Good color and firmness. Upright, vigorous, with consistent high yields. Good ornamental. Height of bush is 4’-6’ when mature. Duke is the best cultivar for early ripening high quality fruit. It has adapted well in all blueberry growing areas in the United States and is a very popular cultivar.
- Jersey: Northern Highbush Type. Zone 3-7. Late. Medium to large berry, firm, good taste. Long loose clusters. Hardy, productive, upright, vigorous, fast-growing ornamental.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!