All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
Add a touch of elegance to your shade garden with this old-fashioned favorite and with a vibrant new look! Valentine Bleeding Heart is an old-time shade-loving perennial. The captivating mound of foliage has lovely arching red stems producing deep red, heart-shaped flowers with dainty white tears that bloom in the spring through early summer. These are shade loving plants and thrive in moist, fertile woodland gardens.
Note: Bleeding Heart goes completely dormant in the summer time, after blooming in late spring/early summer. We recommend planting around late blooming plants so that you aren’t left with a ‘bald patch’ in your garden!
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Valentine Bleeding Heart - 1 quart pot
- Easy to grow and maintain
- Deer and rabbit resistant; Attracts hummingbirds
- The blooms make nice cut flowers
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Dicentra spectabilis ‘Valentine’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 16”-18” x 18”-24”
- Soil: Moist, fertile, well-drained, soil
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial to full shade
- Characteristics: Red blooms in late spring to early summer, Perennial
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Beds, Borders, Cottage Garden, Specimen, Woodland Gardens
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!