All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
With arching stems of little pink hearts that ‘bleed’ white, Bleeding Heart, or Dicentra spectabilis are a delicate addition to any garden.
Note: Bleeding Heart goes completely dormant in the summer time, after blooming in late spring/early summer. We recommend planting around late blooming plants so that you aren’t left with a ‘bald patch’ in your garden!
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – Pink Bleeding Heart - 1 quart pot
- Easy to grow and maintain
- Deer and rabbit resistant; Attracts hummingbirds
- The blooms make nice cut flowers
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Dicentra spectabilis
- Mature Size(H x W) : 3’-6’ x 1’-3’
- Soil: Moist, fertile, well-drained, soil
- Hardiness Zone: 2-9
- Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial to full shade
- Characteristics: Pink and white blooms in late spring to early summer, Perennial
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Beds, Borders, Cottage Garden, Specimen, Woodland Gardens
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!