All orders to California will be shipped bare root in accordance with state regulations.
The white Bleeding Heart is an old time shade-loving perennial. You may also refer to this beauty as an ‘Alba’. This flower is both an attractive plant and an attractive flower. The captivating mound of foliage has arching stems that produce dainty, heart-shaped flowers, blooming in the spring through early summer. These are shade loving plants and thrive in moist, fertile woodland gardens. It is not uncommon for the ‘Alba’ to go dormant after blooming in the midsummer heat, but they will return come spring!
Note: Bleeding Heart goes completely dormant in the summer time, after blooming in late spring/early summer. We recommend planting around late blooming plants so that you aren’t left with a ‘bald patch’ in your garden!
Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (i.e. garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
- You are purchasing one – White ‘Alba’ Bleeding Heart - 1 quart pot
- Perennial potted plant
- Easy to grow and maintain
- Deer and rabbit resistant; Attracts hummingbirds
- The blooms make nice cut flowers
- Can be shipped dormant
- Note: Images are of mature plants
- Family: Dicentra spectabilis ‘Alba’
- Mature Size(H x W) : 12-18” x 12-24”
- Soil: Moist, fertile, well-drained, soil
- Soil pH: 6.0-6.5
- Hardiness Zone: 2-9
- Sun Exposure: Partial to full shade
- Characteristics: White blooms, lime-green foliage
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Suggested Uses: Specimen, Woodland Gardens
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!